Contrary to our previous statement. I'd like to assure everyone that we're not going to die on this trip. I hope this assurance doesn't take away from the entertainment.

Thursday 19 July 2007

Bananas with honey and greek yoghurt, happy days!

01.56
Yes Oli, just like the Tour de France, why didn't I think of that analogy? I've spent the majority of the last four weeks drinking to excess and eating shit.

Indeed the Rally needs so little preparation by comparison that we've left everything to the last week to sort out. My driving license arrived today, I found my travel insurance details, I was told the brakes would cost me £238 to fix and I'm still looking for a stove to cook our baked beans on.

Either way, we're now 36 hours from departure, I'm still homeless, still drinking. I've got a car and a rucksack, and two mix tapes (lovingly prepared by fans) to help us on our way.

Just debating whether or not to have my hair shaved. And if I do, should I go grade nought or three. Tough call...

02.34
Turns out that it wasn't such a decision after all. My thanks to Mr Ravenscroft for an expertly driven grade three.

Departure now 35 hours away, I think I'll go and have some cheese.

No comments: