Contrary to our previous statement. I'd like to assure everyone that we're not going to die on this trip. I hope this assurance doesn't take away from the entertainment.

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Sump guards

Glastonbury - what an awesome event, but I'm very glad I didn't take Hyacinth along. I think that amount of mud could have been the death of her.

Instead she took a visit to Queen Street Motors (Taunton's finest car fixing up establishment), for further inspection prior to the attachment of a sump guard, which we had been relaibly informed was an essential addition for the wilds of Central Asia. However, Mr Mechanic (convenient name given his job) decided that actually a sump guard wasn't what we were after. In fact all we need to do is fill our tyres with foam and it's job done Mongolia here we come.

One of the trials of knowing nothing about cars is that each bit of advice sounds very good. Firstly, Mr Pro-Sump Guard puts forward his case, to which I nod in agreement, not wishing to challenge his greater expertise then Mr Mechanic comes along with a counter argument that seems equally reasonable. Now I'm utterly confusecd, know even less about cars, and don't really know what to do.

Any advice welcome.

Just by the by, did I mention how good Glastonbury was?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While Coops cleans the mud off his crocs, hyacinth is out and about earning her living. Kind George gave her £5 for taking him home from the supermarket. (Name of supermarket not supplied as they refused to sell young looking Coops any alcohol)