Contrary to our previous statement. I'd like to assure everyone that we're not going to die on this trip. I hope this assurance doesn't take away from the entertainment.

Tuesday 12 June 2007

Lists

Rally activity should now be firmly at the top of my list of priorities, with less than 6 weeks remaining and no tax, insurance, driving licence, vaccinations or sun cream it's time for some serious action...


Unfortunately, life keeps throwing metaphorical spanners in. A 24 pub crawl last Saturday made light work of a perfectly good two day break from the slave trade in which I currently operate and, with Glastonbury only a few days away, I'm seeing some further write-offs in the free hours to launch column.


I am, at this stage, sensing panic from our host of regulars. However, fret not. As Mr Benjamin Thompson will tell you, all of life's problems can be carefully managed through the production of a few simple lists.

The real beauty of lists is that all you need is a pen and paper. Meanwhile fitting a sump guard requires two steel bars, a sheet of steel, four bolts and a welding torch. I know which I'd rather do. And having written a list you get the same sense of achievement that you've stepped closer to your goal. You'll feel more organised and on top of the task ahead, whilst, to use the sump guard example again, you're only going to feel tired and probably a bit dirty.

As such, I have carefully crafted three lists this weekend, so that I now feel perfectly in control of the situation, and I haven't needed to move from the sofa. The Rally preparation is in safe hands.

No comments: