Contrary to our previous statement. I'd like to assure everyone that we're not going to die on this trip. I hope this assurance doesn't take away from the entertainment.

Wednesday 8 August 2007

Almaty

It's been a while. After the last message we got offered a lift in Istanbul by the guys from Perseverance, who we hitched with through the whole of Turkey and Azerbaijan. We arrived in Baku to find one of the weekly ferries to Kaz was leaving that day, so we jumped at the chance and got the prone to sinking ferry. After 16 hours at Kazakhstan customs we were finally in Kaz. Since then we have spent 68 hours pretty much continuosly on trains to arrive in Almaty. Still trying to find somewhere to stay but I'm sure we can sort that. There's even some chat about the Opera tonight? Check us out.

I'm meant to be back at work on Monday, so don't know where we go from here, but I'm sure something is sortable and we've come so far it would be a huge shame not to make it.

No comments: