Contrary to our previous statement. I'd like to assure everyone that we're not going to die on this trip. I hope this assurance doesn't take away from the entertainment.

Tuesday 13 March 2007

Now all we have to do is buy a car

After missing out on a place on Friday sitting up till 12 last night bore fruit as Team Micra secured a place in the melee that is the Mongol Rally.

Having initially happened upon a Micra as the conveyance of choice I'm now starting to think that an Ice Cream Van may be more appropriate. Presenting as it is does the possibility of supplementing our petrol money along the way and also allowing us to regale passing herdsman with mobile jingles. We may struggle with the 1 litre limit but we can but try. Ebay it is then.

2 comments:

Fel J. Cruz said...

Congratulations guys on your successful entry into this year's Mongol Rally! I'll be entering a 1991 Geo Metro that I bought for $500 USD for the 2008 rally. I'll spend the next year running the media blitz juggernaught to garner sponsors and support for our trip to Mongolia. I'll be following your progress and hope that you'll share your tips with me as I prepare for the greatest adventure on the planet. Have a look at my blog and website to see how I'm progressing so far. Best of luck to you two and think of me when you're having that pint of beer at Dave's in Ulaan Baatar!
Fel Cruz
feljcruz.blogspot.com
dnagent.net

Oli said...

Good stuff Fel glad to hear you've signed up to the madness. How you planning to get it over? Up through Alaksa and over the Bering Straits? You could do the Long Way Round in reverse.

Keep checking the site and we'll try and keep you entertained with our antics. Drop us your address we'll send you a postcard.